Having been a CEO himself, Bill Zipp knows the value of a trusted advisor in bringing transformational change to an organization. His consulting style is a dynamic mix of coaching and mentoring, teaching and facilitating, all delivered from the heart of a seasoned business leader.
Bill’s consulting practice focuses on these three areas:
Executive Leadership Development
Here’s the honest truth: your firm will rise or fall on the quality of its leaders. Why? Quite simply because water can’t rise higher than its source. This makes executive leadership development one of the highest priorities you can pursue as a company.
Bill’s executive leadership development involves individual and group coaching focused on:
- Building your authentic leadership brand and increasing credibility with your people
- Discovering your unique mix of leadership strengths and how to leverage them for maximum impact
- Understanding the unique challenges you face as a leader and how to keep them from becoming fatal flaws, undermining your effectiveness
- Defining your work as a leader not by a list of duties and responsibilities but by a set of results for which you hold yourself and your team fully accountable
Executive Team Development
We all did this as kids: drop a big rock in a pool of water and watch the waves it created. Your executive team has the same impact in your business. It’s the big rock that gets dropped in the water of your organization, touching everything in its wake. Sometimes that effect is positive, energizing the entire company, and sometimes that effect is negative, undermining even the most brilliant strategy.
Bill’s executive team development involves individual and group coaching focused on:
- Discovering the development level of your executive team and the strategies needed to move it forward.
- Connecting with each member on your team and building trust in an authentic way, without doing silly games and stupid “trust fall” exercises
- Learning how to embrace both advocacy and inquiry as a team and make better decisions as a result
- Hardwiring excellence into the fabric of your firm by focusing on core strategic objectives and functional area accountabilities.
Sales Force Development
You want more sales. You need more sales. The problem is, nothing you try seems to work: from expensive sales contests to dramatic “come to Jesus” meetings. Silly gimmicks, useless gadgets, and plain old snake oil litter the sales landscape, making the ability to find real help for your firm maddening.
With deep roots in sales as a successful seller, sales manager, and head of sales, Bill has a proven track record building world-class sales organizations.
- Profiling the talent of your sales force and getting the right people on the bus, in the right seats on the bus
- Targeting the very best prospects to pursue (and how to pursue them), rather than wasting time and energy running after every little lead
- Identifying critical activities in executing your sales process and teaching managers how to coach their salespeople to master those activities
- Utilizing the latest technology to automate your sales process and give you the data you need to make smart business decisions
- Creating a predictive candidate profile and onboarding process so the salespeople you hire deliver exceptional results immediately (not in a year or two).